- When: Friday, December 9, 2022, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Where: CFD (Virtual option available upon request).
- Cost: $25 for members; $50 for non-members
9:00 to 10:45 FSMA updates
- Final GFI#245 Hazard Analysis and Risk Based Preventive Controls for Food for Animals – this presentation will review the major changes from the draft version as they relate to a multi-species feed mill. How does this final version impact your Feed Safety Plan.
- New Draft GFI #272 – Practices to Prevent Unsafe Contamination of Animal Feed from Drug Carryover – what does it say and how does this impact the implementation of 21 CFR Part 225? How does this help in writing your Feed Safety Plan?
- General Q&A on FSMA.
Presentation Topics & Individual Sessions begin at 11:00 am
12:00 to 1:00 Lunch will be provided
What Are Mycotoxins – Richie Shepardson from NutriQuest
A review of Mycotoxins: what they are and where they come from. This will give us the basis to discuss mycotoxins and how we can monitor control and manage them in the mill and on the farm.
Testing for Mycotoxins – Mark Enninga from Envirologics
We will learn a little about real-time testing capabilities at the mill and discuss strategies that can fit into cGMPs and Food Safety Plans
Variability in Feedstuffs – Cliff Ocker from Rock River Lab
An in depth look at ingredient variability and a discussion on what that means for formulation and mixing at the mill.
2022 Crop Toxin Loads – Katelynn Robbins from Biomin
An initial look at the 2022 crop toxin loads and we will send you home with a sample kit for you own corn to help us build up the 2022 database.
Feed Quality summary/discussion and a tour of CFD – Dr. Eric Reid
Individual Sessions with Barbara Simeon to review Feed Safety Plans, FDA inspection results and discuss individual questions on FSMA.
Cost: $100 (session fee above waived)
Times: One hour on a First Come First Serve basis with priority on time selection given to those attending in person.
Pre-Requisite: Provide an electronic copy of your Feed Safety Plan and/or Inspection Results no later than December 1, 2022 to [email protected]. Also include any specific questions you might have so that I can research the information.
Breakout sessions times: 11 – 12; 1 – 2; 2 – 3; 3 – 4; 4 – 5