a) The following apply to the water supply:
(1) Water must be adequate for the operations and must be derived from an adequate source;
(2) Running water at a suitable temperature, and under suitable pressure as needed, must be provided in all areas where required for the manufacturing, processing, packing, or holding of animal food, for the cleaning of equipment, utensils, and animal food-packaging materials, or for employee hand-washing facilities;
(3) Water that contacts animal food, animal food-contact surfaces, or animal food-packaging materials must be safe for its intended use; and
(4) Water may be reused for washing, rinsing, or conveying animal food if it does not increase the level of contamination of the animal food.
(b) Plumbing must be designed, installed, and maintained to:
(1) Carry adequate quantities of water to required locations throughout the plant;
(2) Properly convey sewage and liquid disposable waste from the plant;
(3) Avoid being a source of contamination to animal food, water supplies, equipment, or utensils, or creating an unsanitary condition;
(4) Provide adequate floor drainage in all areas where floors are subject to flooding-type cleaning or where normal operations release or discharge water or other liquid waste on the floor; and
(5) Ensure that there is no backflow from, or cross-connection between, piping systems that discharge waste water or sewage and piping systems that carry water for animal food or animal food manufacturing.
(c) Sewage and liquid disposal waste must be disposed of through an adequate sewerage system or through other adequate means.
(d) Each plant must provide employees with adequate, readily accessible toilet facilities. Toilet facilities must be kept clean and must not be a potential source of contamination of animal food, animal food-contact surfaces, or animal food-packaging materials.
(e) Each plant must provide hand-washing facilities designed to ensure that an employee’s hands are not a potential source of contamination of animal food, animal food-contact surfaces, or animal food-packaging materials.
Click herewhen you are ready to share…